March 2, 2012
Facebook has launched the new Timeline for Pages. Watch this video from the mFC Facebook Marketing Conference to learn about the changes to the Facebook Pages for business Click here to view the video
Jeff Kanter, Product Manager, Facebook & Blaise Di Persia, Product Designer, Facebook present the new features released for Timeline for Pages.
Facebook Pages are designed to be Mission Control for your business on Facebook and have these following new features:
- Use it to set the tone of your Page
- Allows a visual status update
- Change Cover image/message as often as you want
- Appears under Cover image
- Facebook and custom apps appear here
- Apps created prior to Timeline will continue to work
The new Facebook Page controls allow you to curate your Page to show the best stories:
- Allowed – allow stories from other Pages or your fans to appear on your Page Timeline
- Starred – allows rich media (photos and videos) to appear at double width on Timeline
- Back Date – allows you to back date posts to show your company history and milestones on your Timeline
Due to the Timeline feature, as you add status updates, these will push older posts further down the Page. However, relevancy is important and you can use the Pinned Post feature to keep current information top and center. Use this feature to keep a post of the week, question or new OFfer feature front and center so that your fans see it.
Highlights draw attention to certain information e.g. Friend Activity/Interaction with the Page
New Admin Panel
The new admin panel allows you to respond more quickly and in a personal way. It features:
- Notifications of Page Likes, Comments, Tags and posts by fans to your Page.
- New Likes – 500 most recent Likes shown
- Messages from fans to Page – great for customer service!
- Insights – who is talking about your Page and what is your reach
For help designing your Facebook Page for maximum impact CLICK HERE